The feeding port is incompatible with luer lock or IV connections, reducing the risk of accidental connection or infusion. Available with safe enteral connections to address the 2006 JCAHO Tubing Misconnections Sentinel Alert.
- Engineered safety controls- Feeding ports are incompatible with luer lock or IV connections, therefore, reducing the risk of accidental connection or infusion.
- Purple Feeding Port - Indicates nutritional port - not IV access.
- Thermo-sensitive polyurethane material is stiffer out of the package and softens up to 40% when warmed to body temperature. It then remains flexible for prolonged use. Stiffness facilitates ease of insertion for the clinician. Softness provides optimum patient comfort. Up to 30 days dwell time equals fewer tube placements.
- Durable polyurethane material- Allows for thin wall construction to increase the inner diameter. Increases flow rates and minimizes clogging issues then properly maintained. This polyurethane is DEHP free.
- Transparent- Allows clinician to see the color, consistency and clogs of fluid.
- Colored radiopaque Line. Purple readily identifies tube as an enteral feeding line and is easily detectable by x-ray.
- Attached cap to cover proximal end- Cap can be closed during periods of non-use or transport.
- Sterile- Provides optimal protection for the patient.
- Centimeter (CM) Markings- Ease of placement and tracking of tube migration
Covidien manufactures, distributes and services medical devices. The company’s products include disposable medical supplies, monitoring equipment, innovative wound closure products, advanced surgical devices, medical instruments and bulk analgesic pharmaceuticals.