- Ideal for routine screening of grip strength and initial and ongoing evaluation of clients with hand trauma and dysfunction
The Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer combines precision with convenient features. Ideal for routine screening of grip strength and initial and ongoing evaluation of clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. Unit comes with carrying/storage case, certificate of calibration and complete instructions.
- Dual-scale readout displays isometric grip force from 0-200 lbs. (90 kg.).
- Peak-hold needle automatically retains the highest reading until reset.
- Handle easily adjusts to five grip positions, from 1-3/8"- 3-3/8", in half-inch increments.
- Dimensions: 8" x 11"
- Measure between 0 to 200 lbs
- Set the adjustable handle to the desired position. Make sure that the handle clip is located at the lower (furthest) post from the guage. If you do not replace the handle to the correct position, innacurate readings will result.
- Rotate the peak-hold needle counter-clockwise until it reaches zero.
- Using the wrist safety strap ensures the continued accuracy of the North Coast Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer by minimising the chance of dropping and damaging the instrument. Let the patient arrange the instrument so so that it fits in the hand comfortably. Request the patient squeeze with maximum strength. The peak-hold needle will automatically record the highest force exerted.
- After the patient has used the North Coast Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer, record the reading.
- Reset the peak-hold needle to zero before recording new readings.