HALYARD MICROCOOL Breathable High Performance Surgical Gown
The HALYARD MICROCOOL Breathable High Performance Surgical Gown is the result of years of research to make MICROCOOL more cool and protective than ever. We have a long heritage of innovation in medical supplies and devices. Patented Microporous Fabric
HALYARD MICROCOOL Gowns meet the AAMI Level 4 liquid barrier standard1
- Soft spunbound outer layer
- Proprietary breathable fabric
- SMS fabric inner liner layer
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) developed the liquid barrier standard to assist healthcare personnel in the selection and use of surgical gowns, drapes and other protective apparel. MICROCOOL Gowns are Level 4, the highest barrier protection rating available for gowns.
HALYARD MICROCOOL Breathable High Performance Surgical Gowns provide Level 4 liquid barrier in zones A, B, and C.2,3 For surgical gowns, the critical zones are, at a minimum, the front area of the gown from chest to knees (area A) and the sleeves from the cuff to above the elbow (area B). The standard requires that the entire front of a surgical gown (Areas A, B, and C) provide a liquid barrier of at least Level 1. The back of the gown (area D) may be non-protective. 100% Landfill free
HALYARD MICROCOOL Gowns are produced in facilities dedicated to cleaner manufacturing and source reduction. Every month, over 6.5 million pounds of our manufacturing waste is diverted from landfills. And the facility which manufactures our MICROCOOL fabric is 100% landfill-free. Clean Incineration
HALYARD MICROCOOL Gowns are composed of over 90% Number 5 polypropylene, which incinerates very cleanly after use.3 (Compare that to reusable gowns, which require substantial amounts of water, energy, and harsh chemicals to decontaminate and clean according to industry standards for hospital laundry.4) PFOA-free
In compliance with EPA recommendations, MICROCOOL Gowns are PFOA-free.5 Environmental Leadership
Our sustainability standards have helped Halyard Health to be repeatedly recognized for environmental leadership by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and the Newsweek Green Rankings of the world's most environmentally-friendly companies.
- 1Meets AAMI level 4 Liquid Barrier Standard and ANSI/AAMI PB70: 2003 Liquid barrier performance and classification of protective apparel and drapes intended for use in healthcare facilities.
- 2Integrated Paper Services (IPS) Test Reports: 26794, Dec 3, 2010, and 24232 Sept 1, 2010.
- 3Data on file, Halyard Health
- 4“A White Paper on Performance, Cost Per Use, and Environmental Impact of Single-Use and Reusable Surgical Gowns & Drapes” McIlvaine Company, 2009.
- 5PFOA: Perfluorooctanoic acid; EPA recommendations to eliminate PFOA chemistry utilization. “PFOA-free” means that a product has PFOA below 20 ppb as manufactured. (Source: www.epa.gov/oppt/pfoa/pubs/stewardship/ )