The same soft, latex-free, hypoallergenic, conformable tape as standard Medipore tape, but with increased gentleness and stronger adhesion for more challenging applications. Available in perforated rolls in several sizes. 3M™ Medipore™ H Soft Cloth Tape is sold non-sterile. The following methods were tested and proven reliable for sterilization and stable adhesion performance. With ethylene oxide residuals well within U.S. FDA guidelines. Procedure used: 1) Tape rolls kept intact up to the full 10-yard length, 2) Strips of tape arranged over a suitable release surface, e.g. glass, stainless steel, silicone-treated paper, 3) One 3-sheet pad of tape, 4) Tape sealing in appropriate sterilization pouch or wrapper, 5) EtO sterilized warm cycle 55%C (130 -145°). Minimum 1 hour expsore time (50% RH-600 mg/liter, or equivalent), 6) Warm cycle aeration (temperature not to exceed 55°C (130°-145°F) for a minimum 20 hour cycle before use. It is the responsibility of an individual health care organization to confirm sterility when product is sterilized in its facility.
- More gentleness than Medipore tape.
- Higher adhesion than Medipore tape.
- Latex-free and hypoallergenic for sensitive patients.
- Excellent cross and diagonal stretch to accommodate moderate swelling or movement.
- Easy-tear perforated rolls for quick tailoring.
- When repeated taping is needed and preservation of “at risk skin” is critical.
- Securing over areas where skin may stretch (e.g., edema, distention, hematoma formation or movement).