The Thora-Seal™ chest drainage unit (CDU) is a wet suction CDU used to reestablish normal lung function. The CDU incorporates three basic chambers: a replaceable collection chamber for monitoring volume, rate, and nature of drainage; a water-seal chamber that acts as a one-way valve, as well as a window into the patient's pleural space; and a suction control chamber to regulate suction and help re-expand the lung.
- Compact, clear 3-chamber CDU: Clear chambers allow for visualization from any area. Individual chambers for collection, water seal, and suction control.
- Removable collection chamber: Allows for quick and economical replacement of collection without replacing entire unit.
- Unique baffle system prevents fluids from spilling or mixing.
- Latex-free patient tube and components is safe for both the clinician and the patient.
- Automatically prevents dangerous positive pressure build-up within CDU and limits negative pressure.
- Large fill openings for quick set-up provides easy set-up when adding sterile water to the water seal chamber and suction control chamber.
- Easy-to-read graphics allows user to visually inspect the CDU quickly and easily.
- Set-up instructions printed on uni short, descriptive set-up instructions located on the front of the CDU provide end user with clear direction on how to set-up the medical device.
- Wide rotational floor stand and wide bed hangers provide the necessary stability to prevent tipping.
Covidien manufactures, distributes and services medical devices. The company’s products include disposable medical supplies, monitoring equipment, innovative wound closure products, advanced surgical devices, medical instruments and bulk analgesic pharmaceuticals.