The ACUVANCE Safety I.V. Catheter offers passive safety technology and the comfortable feel of a conventional catheter with a smooth, tapered hub for insertion ease and patient comfort. The unique, large-volume chamber allows clear flashback and easy handling, while the removable flash plug allows syringe attachment for procedures. ACUVANCE is available in a variety of catheter lengths, from 14- to 24-gauge sizes, and in FEP polymer or OCRILON polyurethane biomaterials in straight and winged hubs. When you choose ACUVANCE, the only change is for your safety. ACUVANCE uses passive safety technology to help reduce the incidence of accidental needle sticks.
- Minimal change in technique and no extra steps - simply insert, thread, remove the introducer, and the needle is blunt.
- Passive safety technology with no user activation required
- Control is in the hands of the clinician
- Comfortable feel of a conventional catheter
- Compact size and sleek profile allow for one- or two-handed insertions
- Smooth, tapered hub for insertion ease and patient comfort
- Available in a variety of lengths and gauges to accommodate procedural and patient needs
- Universal color codes to indicate catheter gauge at a glance
- Unique, large-volume chamber allows fast, clear flashback and easy handling
- Removable flash plug allows syringe attachment
- FLASH-VUE feature on the 24 gauge is designed to enhance flashback visualization